Balloon Celebration - Global Design Project Theme Challenge #gdp023

| on
21:12
Have you noticed how popular balloons are at the moment? They are everywhere! The Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue 2016, is the best place to start for all your Balloon making projects. From stamps, to coordinating punches and the dreamiest Designer Series Paper - there is something for everyone and something to create for every occasion. 
The Global Design Project #gdp023 have a 'Theme Challenge' this week, and I bet you won't be able to guess what the 'Theme' is? Drumroll...

Tada! And here is my 'Balloon Theme' creation for this week;
I have used 'Vellum Cardstock' for the balloons which I stamped, heat embossed using White Embossing Powder & Dazzling Diamonds Glitter - and punched out my balloons using the 'Balloon Celebrate' Bundle.
I instantly thought of the clouds from the 'Shine On Specialty' Designer Series Paper. (Divine) I knew the DSP would be a perfect background for my Vellum Balloons. If you look closely, I have outlined all of the clouds using the White Signo Uni-Ball gel pen. It's as good as colouring in! Fiddly, but I am really happy with the outcome.
Another close up of the embossed balloons (I wish you could capture the 'bling' from the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter). The Whisper White Thick Cardstock, Kraft & Silver are a beautiful combination for an Engagement or Wedding. By changing the sentiment - this creation could be for any occasion.
I edged the sentiment using the Fine Tip Glue Pen dipping the edges into the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The Silver Metallic Thread was used for tying the strings to the balloons, and the tiny bow to tie the strings together.

Thankyou for visiting my blog. I love it when you do. Feel free to leave me a comment. I love them. D x

Below are all the products used for my 'Balloon Celebration' creation. Click on a thumbnail to be taken to my Online Store. While you are there you can check out the NEW Occasions Catalogue, Weekly Deals and the Clearance Rack. Have fun shopping. 
*Australian Residents Only
34 comments on "Balloon Celebration - Global Design Project Theme Challenge #gdp023"
  1. Very dreamy Denita! Love the soft balloons and the white edged clouds ... and that you can see the clouds through the balloons! So pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cheryl. I love your description; dreamy & pretty. D x

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Denita! A very well deserved win! xx

      Delete
    3. Thankyou Cheryll! I am in disbelief. D x

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I saw this is the submissions and I absolutely love this! I might just have to CASE this card myself. It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jason. I would be honoured if you CASEd my card. Thankyou. D x

      Delete
  3. So cute Denita! Wish I had that Kraft DSP!! The vellum balloons are perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Holly. The DSP just arrived and it's so beautiful and perfect and amazing. I hope you get yourself some soon. D x

      Delete
  4. Absolutely LOVE this Denita! Thanks for joining us at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Paula. And thankyou for having me. D x

      Delete
  5. Denita Wright, you ROCK my world! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denita, you always amaze me with your creativity. This card is so wonderful. Thanks for joining us for our balloon challenge this week at Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your beautiful comment, Connie. D x

      Delete
  7. I adore your vellum ballons Denita, wonderful card thanks for joining the Global Design Project this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRILLIANT idea to outline those clouds. These balloons are so soft and sweet against the backdrop. I'm so glad you played along with this week's Balloons Theme Challenge at the Global Design Project - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Brian. I loved the 'Balloons' Theme this week. D x

      Delete
  9. stunning, thanks for the description of how you made this, I feel a CASE coming on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Elizabeth, and please CASE my creation. I would be honoured. D x

      Delete
  10. From the moment I first saw this card, I knew it had to be a winner. Congratulations, Denita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Brian. I appreciate your support and encouragement every week. D x

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the win! Your card is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jennifer. So sweet of you to leave me such a lovely message. D x

      Delete
  12. Congrats Denita, love your card, is a deserving win. Cheers Barb xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Barbara. Taking the time to leave a comment for me is so special. D x

      Delete
  13. Congrats to you. I like your Card with the dazzling balloons. It's a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous24/8/23 20:53

    Absolutely adorable Australian Shepherd puppy! 😍

    I can't resist those floppy ears and the playful twinkle in their eyes. Australian Shepherds are known for their intelligence and loyalty, making them fantastic companions for active families.

    I'd love to know more about this little one. Could you please share details like their age, health status, and any unique traits? It's clear this pup will bring joy and love to their future family.

    Looking forward to hearing more!
    ``````https://australianshepherdforsale.com

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature